Elton John Net Worth
Sir Elton Hercules John, commonly known as Elton John is considered to be one of the highest praised and most sold out solo artists of all times. According to Celebrity Net Worth, Elton John net worth is $450 million.
The list of his achievements is hard to cover in a single post but we will love to mention that he has sold 250 million records of his music worldwide.
He has been invited to 80 different countries for a live performance hence; the number of Elton John concerts is around 3500. His most obvious achievement is that he made world record for the biggest selling solo music artist of all times and he successfully holds this record.
Elton John is said to be the third most celebrated US artist in the history of the country. The singer has given seven albums in three and half years that topped the American charts right after the releases.
His real name is Reginald Kenneth Dwight and he was a huge fan of two of the Blues legends so he named himself after them. The names of the legends are Elton Dean and Long John Baldry. He loved to be called with the name Elton John but he had a nick name Hercules when he was young.
Candle in the Wind is one of his famous songs and he originally wrote it for Marilyn Moore. When Princess Diana died, he reworked on the song to turn it into a tribute to the Princess. Then he wrote I’ll be Missing You of Puff Daddy; it became so famous that it proved to be the second best seller of all times. Bernie Taupin was a well known lyricist and a good number of Elton’s songs were written by him. They were introduced with each other at Liberty Records auditions. Both of them were disqualified and this turned into a friendship. They never singed a contract for a collaborative work. All they did was that Bernie wrote lyrics and sent them to Elton; Elton composed tunes and the songs were created one after the other.
John has always been a great supporter of same sex marriages and a believer of homosexual relationships. Last year he married his long time partner David Furnish. Both men have been together for years but in 2014, UK legislation permitted them to officially marry each other.
After tying the knot, the couple has been seen together on public spots and they have also posted their pictures on social media. The pictures of their reception have also been posted on John’s Instagram. You’ll be surprised to know that John was an extremist in most cases. He was a serious drug addict, alcoholic, and a patient of bulimia nervosa. He was admitted to a rehabilitation centre for treatment and has been lucky enough to recover.
Some of Elton John famous quotes are given below:
Don’t judge the picture by the frame; every man is not the same. – Elton John, Understanding Women
How wonderful life is now that you’re in the world. – Elton John, Your Song
It was Saturday late, have you seen my mates, can you tell me when the boys get here? Well, it’s seven o’clock and I want to rock and get a belly full of beer. – Elton John, Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting
No tears to damn you when jealousy burns. – Elton John, Sacrifice
Elton’s landmark awards include:
1. Best British Male Artist BRIT Award won in 1991
2. Songwriters Hall of Fame Award won in 1992
3. Officer of Arts & Letters Awards in 1993
4. Introduction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1994
5. Polar Music Prize award in 1995
6. MusiCares Person of the Year award in 2000
7. Kennedy Center Honor award in 2004
8. Billboard Magazine Legend of Live Award in 2006
9. Songwriters Hall of Fame Johnny Mercer Award in 2013
10. BRITs Icon Award in 2013
11. Rockefeller Foundation Lifetime Achievement Award in 2013
12. Harvard School of Public Health AIDS Initiative Leadership Award in 2013
Other Elton John achievements are mentioned below:
Ivor Novello Awards between 1973 and 2000
Elton has been nominated for Oscar three times and he had one an Oscar award in 1995.
Below is the list of the Grammy awards won by Elton John:
1. Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal (won) for “That’s What Friends Are For”, performed by Dionne Warwick & Friends (award shared with Dionne Warwick, Gladys Knight & Stevie Wonder) in 1987
2. Best Instrumental Composition (won) for “Basque”, performed by James Galway in 1991
3. Grammy Award for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance (won) for Can You Feel the Love Tonight from The Lion King in 1995
4. Best Male Pop Vocal Performance (won) for “Candle in the Wind 1997″ in 1997
5. Best Musical Show Album (won) for Elton John & Tim Rice’s Aida (award shared with Guy Babylon, Paul Bogaev & Chris Montan (producers), Tim Rice (lyricist) and the original Broadway cast with Heather Headley, Adam Pascal, and Sherie Rene Scott) in 2001